Re: [xsl] xsl:import

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:import
From: "Dave Pawson dave.pawson@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 13:58:45 -0000
Thanks for the explanation.
Agree re 'moving on', but the work in docbook is 'significant'.

regards

On 23 July 2017 at 14:50, Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx

>> On 23 Jul 2017, at 14:43, Dave Pawson dave.pawson@xxxxxxxxx
>>
>> Mike - that really messes with docbook  which are all 1.0 stylesheets.
>> Is that the rec or your decision? Or a compat issue?
>>

> It's our decision. It's time people switched to 2.0. It was probably
Saxon-JS that pushed us that way - we really don't want extra code in the
product to support a compatibility mode, when it's pretty easy to change your
stylesheet to make it work "natively" under 2.0.

> If there's strong demand we could provide an option that says "I know this
stylesheet says version="1.0" and that the spec says it should therefore
either run in backwards compability mode or not at all, but actually I want
you to run it as if it said version="2.0".

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.