Re: [xsl] Bibliography author repetition handling

Subject: Re: [xsl] Bibliography author repetition handling
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 08:18:09 -0000
Am 04.10.2017 um 08:25 schrieb Charles Muller acmuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
In a TEI <biblStruct> bibliography that uses biblStruct/*/author/surname B (etc), I have managed to write the code that checks if the author name in the prior <biblStruct> is the same, in which case the output is ---. rather than the author's name. It works fine, but I'm running into a problem where there the first author name is the same as that of the prior <biblStruct> entry, but there are also multiple authors, in which case the full name should be printed out.

I thought that one way I might resolve this is to test if the number of authors in the prior entry is the same as this one, but I can't get it to work. I also don't know if this is even the best way of handling this. The XML is like this:B (present output here: http://www.acmuller.net/articles-shisou.html)

To me this sounds like a grouping problem where you want to group your biblStruct elements with a composite key mad up of analytic/author, I am not sure whether you want group-adjacent or group-by.