Re: [xsl] Prince XML vs Docbook

Subject: Re: [xsl] Prince XML vs Docbook
From: "Liam R. E. Quin liam@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 02:29:50 -0000
On Thu, 2018-01-18 at 22:24 +0000, Eliot Kimber ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> I was not aware (or hadn't remembered) the syntax for namespace-aware
> selectors. But I still maintain that trying to style arbitrary XML
> with CSS is a losing proposition.

For sure.

> Leigh's book should not be $168.00 on Amazon--it's $35.95 on the
> publisher's site: http://xmlpress.net/publications/dita/dita-for-prin
> t/ It's definitely saved me way more than $36.00 worth of time...
Thanks!

> I'm not sure how flex and grid help for pagination.

Unless they are implemented in PrinceXML, AHF, etc., they don't really,
although they may help with print-media stylesheets for Web browsers.

But they do help with layout in general.

--
Liam Quin, W3C, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
Staff contact for Verifiable Claims WG, SVG WG, XQuery WG

Web slave for http://www.fromoldbooks.org/