Re: [xsl] Getting a sequence of attribute names

Subject: Re: [xsl] Getting a sequence of attribute names
From: "Christoph Naber pentium120mhz@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 06:27:48 -0000
@*/local-name() should give you the attribute names. Then you can join them
with whitespaces. Have a look at the XSLT 2.0 string functions.

Untested as written from phone...

Regards
Christoph

<xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> I am using XSLT 2 and I think I am trying to get a "sequence" but I am not
sure. I have this as my input:

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <root>
>         <em italic="yes">first paragraph</em>
>         <em italic="yes" bold="yes">second paragraph</em>
> </root>
>
> For each of the <em> elements, I am trying to get a space-delimited list (or
string) of attribute names. For example, the first one would be "italic" and
the second would be "italic bold". My output would be similar to this:

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <root>
>         <em class="italic">first paragraph</em>
>         <em class="italic bold">second paragraph</em>
> </root>
>
> I could use a for-each construct to build my own, but I am thinking that
there might be a way to do this with xpath. Thank you very much in advance.