Re: [xsl] suggestion for an xml editor, please?

Subject: Re: [xsl] suggestion for an xml editor, please?
From: "Steven D. Majewski steve.majewski@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 15:55:49 -0000
Do you have recommendations for XML extensions for Visual Studio Code ?
Or how to configure the extensions ?

On my first attempt to set it up for XML editing, I loaded too many extensions
and had trouble getting them to work together (or to figure out which
extension wasnbt working properly) Now I have only XML Tools v2.5.1 loaded,
and it does formatting for example, but I havenbt tried to figure out how to
get it to work with Saxon or BaseX.

( I mostly rely on Oxygen, but not sure if Ibm going to keep my license when
I retire.
  Maybe Ibll spend my extra time learning to write VS Code extensions. ;-)

b Steve M.

vincent.lizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> My top two recommendations are:
> oXyen XML Editor
> Visual Studio Code
> With Visual Studio Code there are extensions to add functionality for XML,
XSLT/XPath, and a wide variety of other things.

> Cheers,
> Vincent

validating it against a RELAX NG compact syntax grammar as you go); there is
also Emacs/psgml-mode for editing an XML document and validating it against a
DTD.

> I think what has been posted here about Emacs is correct b it is in some
ways the bbestb editor, for most anything. But it comes with a serious
downside, too: it is not like any other tool you use or will use, and thus it
is very difficult to learn to use well.

> But MSMcQbs point about macro language is a very good one, IMHO. (I may be
mildly biased having also grown up on XEDIT & Rexx : -)

> All that said, I also use oXygen. It is not perfect and has a lot of
features I could not care less about, but I have never seen a commercial XML
editor with a price/feature ratio anywhere near as good as oXygenbs.

> Relax-ng mode.

email <applewebdata://E13245CC-B58E-4F48-A363-71C9CE9F124F>)