Re: [xsl] Is it possible to write an XSLT program that outputs an XSLT program that outputs an XSLT program?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Is it possible to write an XSLT program that outputs an XSLT program that outputs an XSLT program?
From: "Anthony J. (Tony) Bufort ajbufort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 22:52:45 -0000
Hello Roger,
Yes, I don't see anything preventing a theoretically indefinite number of
levels of XSLT writing XSLT writing XSLT.
I have written 'first-level' XSLT writing XSLT for automated conversions,
but not beyond that.  However, going beyond that can easily be
implemented.
I've also authored XSLT that analyzes any conversion stylesheet and
relevant data set you point it to in order to provide a coverage analysis
assessment - that is, how much work is left for a conversion to be fully
implemented in percentage terms.
It's as simple as asking the classic AI question, "What would I as a
human do," then breaking that down into implementable steps, functions,
xpath, etc.
Time-consuming?  Yeah.  Fun, educational, and useful - definitely. :)
-Tony BufortAJB Consulting

XSL-List info and archiveEasyUnsubscribe (by email)