Re: [xsl] Is it possible to write an XSLT program that outputs an XSLT program that outputs an XSLT program?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Is it possible to write an XSLT program that outputs an XSLT program that outputs an XSLT program?
From: "Norm Tovey-Walsh ndw@xxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 08:22:23 -0000
"Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx"
<xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> They've been working on the RepRap for nearly 20 years,
>> and currently it can replicate 70% of itself:
>>
>  >   https://reprap.org/wiki/RepRap
>
> Exactly!  This is the whole point.
>
> They could have created a lot of real value during these 20 years.

That seems like an odd take to me. Over those twenty years, an entire
community has learned *a lot* about technical innovation, systems
design, materials science, engineering, fault tolerances, and whole sets
of skills and experiences Ibm unqualified to speculate about.

I have no doubt that those experiences have enriched their lives,
improved their mental and physical dexterity, and helped them think
differently about other problems they face. And it has brought at least
some of them, perhaps many of them, joy.

What could possibly be more valuable than that?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norm Tovey-Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>