Re: [xsl] problem with XPath count()

Subject: Re: [xsl] problem with XPath count()
From: "Wolfhart Totschnig wolfhart.totschnig@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 05:19:55 -0000
Thank you, Syd, for the prompt reply! I think that, thanks to your
reply, I figured out what is going on: The preceding:: axis constructs a
node set in reverse order. Hence, preceding::text[position() = 1] refers
to the immediately preceding <text> element, not to the first <text>
element in document order. That explains the count that I got with my
expression.

Thanks again,
Wolfhart