Re: [xsl] Capture stray carriage returns?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Capture stray carriage returns?
From: "dvint dvint@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 23:05:04 -0000
Never done stream work, so never thought to mention that. I am processing
individual files.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx"
<xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: 3/13/24  3:41 PM  (GMT-08:00)
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [xsl] Capture stray carriage
returns? On 13/03/2024 23:32, dvint@xxxxxxxxx wrote:> I'm trying to convert
some XML/DITA content to asciidoc/flat text> file. asciidoc is very picky
about where spaces and blank lines occur.>> Typically I would just use a catch
all template possibly with some> modes assigned>> <xsl:template match="text()"
/>>> And just process specific element content directly and this seems to>
handle the problem of extra blank lines (my particular problem> currently).>>
I think I chose not to do this for my current task because I need the> bulk of
the test to be processed (rather than looking for specific> content to
extract). So I have something like this:>> <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>>>
<xsl:template match="text()" >> B  <xsl:value-of select="normalize-space()"/>>
</xsl:template>>>> I believe this is working correctly for space in the
elements but I'm> getting stray blank lines that I can't find a way to
control. I think> these blank lines are coming from the pretty printed XML
source.>> In an XML output I wouldn't worry about these blank lines, but in
this> flat file, I need to tighten up my result.>> Questions:> - do you agree
this is the source of the blank lines?How do you feed the input to the XSLT
processor? As a stream or file sothat it can do the xsl:strip-space or as a
tree where perhaps thatstripping is not done?But you let us
speculate.Running/debugging code seems easier.