Re: [xsl] indenting maps on write

Subject: Re: [xsl] indenting maps on write
From: "David Carlisle d.p.carlisle@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 00:16:03 -0000
On Wed, 3 Apr 2024 at 00:28, Graydon graydon@xxxxxxxxx <

> On Tue, Apr 02, 2024 at 09:19:29PM -0000, Michael Kay
> michaelkay90@xxxxxxxxx scripsit:
> > Well, `file:write` isn't going to add any whitespace, it will be some
> process prior to that (which you haven't shown us).
>
> If I boil the whole thing down to a simple example, if I start with:

so you are adding the space, not the xslt system.

In an xml attribute the xml parser will normalise newlines to a space so
you are adding  9 spaces before each key of the map from a newline and 8
spaces.
You could replace . in replace(.,'''','')  by  normalize-space(.) or
replace(.,' ','') depending how aggressively you want to remove space.

David