Re: [xsl] Need an XPath expression which returns all xs:pattern elements containing a regex that permits an unbounded number of characters

Subject: Re: [xsl] Need an XPath expression which returns all xs:pattern elements containing a regex that permits an unbounded number of characters
From: "Piez, Wendell A. (Fed) wendell.piez@xxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 14:06:54 -0000
Hello XSL-List,

Indeed (as Willem says). It's too bad we can't parse the regular expression
with a parser. But wait!

The real solution and the only truly 'easy' one (unless you like bleeding
edges) is Invisible XML or something like it.

https://invisiblexml.org/

find or make the iXML grammar and you're mostly there.

https://johnlumley.github.io/jwiXML.xhtml

https://github.com/usnistgov/ixml-breadboard includes XSLT integrations
(experiments that needed a home, though no regex grammar - yet).

Cheers, Wendell