Re: [xsl] Checking if a file exists

Subject: Re: [xsl] Checking if a file exists
From: "dvint dvint@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:58:14 -0000
I'm trying to stop the result-document() from writing to the file more than
once. I had moved from the file:exist() because I need to use the saxon-pe to
use it, but oxygen ant transformation only allows the use of the HE edition.So
am I right in thinking there may be ae sequencing/file writing issue here and
the error is triggered because the file hasn't been written yet, but the
result-document knows it is in memory?Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy
smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: "Liam R. E. Quin
liam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: 4/18/24
3:38 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [xsl]
Checking if a file exists On Thu, 2024-04-18 at 22:28 +0000, dvint@xxxxxxxxx
wrote:> I need to take a list of XML files and rename them based upon values >
provided by the writer. I know that my list has duplicate name tokens> for
different files in the list. I do get duplicate names when > generated.> > I'm
trying to trap this situation and handle this while creating the > files, I
have a template with this:> > ...> > '<xsl:value-of select="$newFile"/>' found
'<xsl:value-of > select="doc-available($newFile)"/>'doc-available is not the
same as file:exists() - it will only be trueif the document could be read
successfully with doc() (and of course todettermine this, the XSLT processor
effectively does a doc() behind thescenes, and then probably has to keep it in
memory in case it changedexternally).Also make sure your XSLT didn't create
the document using result-document... You can't write to the same URI more
than once in the sameXSLT run.Without seeing the exact error message it's hard
to be sure.liam-- Liam Quin,B https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/Available
for XML/Document/Information Architecture/XSLT/XSL/XQuery/Web/Text
Processing/A11Y training, work & consulting.Barefoot Web-slave, antique
illustrations: B http://www.fromoldbooks.org