[stella] How do you generate random numbers?

Subject: [stella] How do you generate random numbers?
From: jvmatthe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 10:16:48 -0400 (EDT)
I will be needing a random number generator at some point during the
next few weeks.  The one thought I have had is to just keep one RAM
address that gets INC'ed every screen update so that the user would
(in effect) determine the random value.  However, that doesn't solve the
problem of how to have, say, 10 random values at the same time.  I
guess that the one could act as a seed in some function to generate the
other 9, but this still seems kind of weak to me.

So how do real 2600 games generate random values?  A good example,
if someone knows anything about it, would be Kaboom.

matt

/ | \ http://www4.ncsu.edu/~jvmatthe/www/               | (919) 515 7324