[stella] Stella says ...

Subject: [stella] Stella says ...
From: Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Eckhard Stolberg)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 16:15:59 +0100
Hello there,

as some of you might remember, I am still working on my Tetris clone.
It has improved quite a bit since the first beta. One of the things,
that I wanted to add to it, but don't have enough space for, is volume
samples. I thought some of you might want to use that in your games.
So here are my test programs.

SAY.BIN is the program ROM. Since it displays nothing, it should work
on PAL as well as on NTSC.

SAY.A65 is the source code. I have deleted the sample data from it,
because it would have been to big to post. If you are interested in
it you can take it out of the BIN file, or you can create your own.

WAVCONV.C is the source code for a program, that takes a WAV file
named VCSVOICE.WAV and converts it into an ASM data file named
VCSVOICE.A65. My cheap sampling program didn't allow me to use low
sampling frequencies, so I had to sample at twice the frequency.
Therfore my C-program leaves every second byte out.

The frequency, that my ASM program uses is:
262 lines * 60 frames / one sample every fourth line = 3930.
You can vary the frequency by adding or deleting STA Wsyncs.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg
2stolber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx