Re: [stella] POLL

Subject: Re: [stella] POLL
From: Galen Tatsuo Komatsu <gkomatsu@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 17:02:09 -1000
> How many people on the list are planning to write a 2600 game?
	ummm, twenty?... oh, am _I_ planning to write a 2600 game!...
Best I can say at the time is "I'd like to."

> Describe the game you are planning (genre, size/#loads, level of
> graphical detail, controller type).
	Undecided, depends on what kind of path I'd like to take.  I
probably forsee myself starting probably starting with the been-there-
done-that-have-the-T-shirt simple game or do some kind of "demo"  (i.e.
generating patterns, sticking my name on the screen, etc) to get my feet
wet.  Then move on to something I'm genuinely able to handle.

> What level of skill are you at in 6502 assembly?
> Willing to Learn
> Beginner
	Halfway between, I've had some experience with the 68000 and 8086
and have piles of 6502 books arounds here.  I've never actually written
anything on the 6502 (except a stupid 3 byte program to boot my //e =^)
but won't be entirely blind when I do try to learn it.

> What level of skill are you at working on the 2600 in particular?
> Willing to Learn
	see above.

> How much time do you have to reach your goals in 2600 programming?
	zero.

> What could be done to create more of an incentive to learn and program
> more aggressively?
	Pay my tuition so I can quit my job. =^)  Then I can go from
school -- play -- work, school -- play -- 6502.  But more likely I'll
probably do school -- more play -- some 6502, (hey, I gotta research games
somehow! =^)  "play" being a variety of things, videogames (of course),
TV, e-mail, newsreading, books, FAQ writing, translation work, that thing
called a social life, among others...

gkomatsu@xxxxxxxxxx