Re: A few threads (was Re: [stella] POLL)

Subject: Re: A few threads (was Re: [stella] POLL)
From: Greg Troutman <mor@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 02:02:38 -0800
Russ Perry Jr wrote:

> Greg Troutman <mor@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Also, I didn't see a response from Russ Perry or Glenn Bussell who were
> >chatting about a 2600 version of Daleks a few months ago.  I was just
> >yesterday thinking about the memory shortage problems with that one...
> >Either of you guys still planning on doing that?
>
> Well, "thinking about" is more accurate than "planning on".  I still have
> lots of paper notes on that subject, and lots of the email from the list
> with all the ideas we bandied about.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able
> to sit down and think about all the ideas or play with the CD and all the
> samples people have posted.
>
> I'd love to hear any new ideas about memory!

Nothing new.  I was just trying to recall why I thought it would be more
efficient to BitSet the status of some pre-determined maximum number of
characters (including their positions in a grid) rather than try to
track the status of every square (most of which will be empty)...  But
it just wouldn't quite come to me ;)

--
mor@xxxxxxx
http://www.crl.com/~mor/