Re: [stella] Playfield Graphics.... ideas. (fwd)

Subject: Re: [stella] Playfield Graphics.... ideas. (fwd)
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 1997 10:17:20 -0800
At 11:40 AM 3/7/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Ach! I canna fire a weapon. I got arthritis in me thumbs from Space Invaders
>in 1977.

The arcade version of Space Invaders came out in 1978, the home version in
1980.

>I've just been doing it with graph paper and then converting it to hex with
>a calculator.

Why not use BASIC or something?

Isn't there a viable BASIC for the PCs that doesn't cost an arm and a leg
and allows some simple graphics and file manipulation?

I know this would be pretty simple to code with an Atari 8-bit...