Re: [stella] Table of Note Values?

Subject: Re: [stella] Table of Note Values?
From: Nick S Bensema <nickb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 15:14:51 -0700 (MST)
>> I would like someone who has the necessary equipment, or a really damn
>> good ear, to load up SoundX and write down what each pitch and distortion
>> value make what notes.
>
>I have a guitar tuner that could give me cent values.  I can do that part.

Excellent.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you find.

Consider, though, that PAL and NTSC 2600's might sound different, so your
file might only apply to your particular kind of 2600.  But the intervals
would be the same at least, I suspect.

>> would either try to use a different distortion to get closer to E+20, or I
>
>Distortion wouldn't, I don't think, change the pitch.

It does.  When you experiment with SoundX, you will find that certain
distortions have certain frequency ranges.

>> Unfortunately, my efforts to hook the 2600's audio output into my guitar
>> tuner have been as of yet unsuccessful.  To be honest, I can't even
>
>My tuner has a small microphone on it.

One of mine does, which only tunes to E, A, D, G and B.