[stella] unstable image on real 2600

Subject: [stella] unstable image on real 2600
From: crackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 22:14:11 -0500 (EST)

I tried running my 2600 Playfield drawing routine on a real Atari 2600
instead of an emulator and I discovered that the bugger just doesn't work.

The image goes flying all about the screen and no amount of knob twiddling
will get it to settledown.

Granted my Atari 2600 is modified to put out composite video to my 1702
monitor and doesn't run through an RF modulator, however, no other programmes
on the 2600 give me this kind of trouble.

But just incase, could somone with a supercharger and a 2600 hooked up to
a TV via an RF Modulator please assemble the code I posted earlier and
try it out on a real 2600.

And if anyone can suggest any way in which I might make the picture even more
stable I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

I guess this stresses the importance of being able to test your code on a
real atari 2600 and not just an emulator. The emulator works perfectly.
(as well, colours on the emulator don't look exactly like colours on a real
2600. Plus the sound on the emulator isn't the exact same).

What a bummer....

                                    CRACKERS
                          (Always a glitch from hell!!!!!)

--

Accordionist - Wethifl Musician - Atari 2600 Collector | /\/\
http://www.freenet.hamilton.on.ca/~ad329/Profile.html  | \^^/