Re: [stella] NTSC - PAL porting guide

Subject: Re: [stella] NTSC - PAL porting guide
From: Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Eckhard Stolberg)
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 12:39:02 +0100
>Does PAL not have a vertical hold?  Or any such adjusement?  It seems as if
>PAL is a really delicate format.  It has been said that the specifications
>for NTSC would fit on a single page, yet the specifications for PAL would
>require a book that could be measured in pounds^H^H^H^H^H^Hkilograms.

My old PAL TV has a vertical hold, but most PAL TVs don't

>Do you mean in NTSC, we don't have to do a Vsync?  That is just plain
>cool.  NTSC games, which have less Vblank time, might need those extra
>3 lines.

I don't know exactly. I don't have a NTSC system (anyone want to donate one :-))
It is just a theory, that I have. While most of my NTSC games display a stable
picture on my PAL system, some of the very early games don't. The only reason
for this, that I can think of, is that theese games don't do the Vsync right.

Thanks, Eckhard Stolberg