[stella] Having Carts Made (fwd)

Subject: [stella] Having Carts Made (fwd)
From: crackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 04:04:02 -0500 (EST)
In article <199703101942.MAA01801@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, you wrote:
>Hello Crackers!
>
>	Here is my standard speel about making game carts, which you are more
>than welcome to post on the newsgroup or mailing list.
>
>	I am currently only interested in making a 4k or smaller cart
>with NO bankswitching.  All I want to do is put a 2732 on a recycled board
>with an 74l$04 inverter wired to it.  I have dabbled with 8K sized carts and
>so far they are time consuming and cost prohibitive.  So there is your actual
>programming limitation.
>
>	I will print a label of your choice using Word for windows, otherwise
>I will make up a label using Print Shop.  I would MUCH prefer the small hozer
>logo to appear somewhere on the cart (that would be that goofy face with the
>tongue hanging out) showing it was built by me, but that is something we can
>discuss on a case by case basis.  I would also much prefer "cartridge made
>by Hozer Video" or some such nonsense in small print at the bottom. Again,
>this is something I am flexible on.  I will print labels for free, but they
>will NOT be glossy.  I use standard Avery labels that fit nicely on a standard
>Atari case, trimmed to size, as anyone that has seen an Edtris cart can tell
>you.  I use white labels for end labels as well.  Anything else will have to
>be provided by you.  I have a color printer but anything that has a hoard of
>color ink in it I will balk at, but don't let that discourage you in at least
>giving me an idea what kind of label you'd like.
>
>	I do NOT need your source code, I just need the image in a eprom
>format, a 4K bin file is just the ticket.  If you want to put serial numbers
>on your game, you might chat with Ed about his "serial.exe" program that I
>use to insert serial numbers in SoundX and Edtris.  I will track serial
>numbers for you, in a sense.  I will create a file that has the name and
>address of each person that buys one, and what serial number they have.
>
>	I will print a manual, I don't want some impossible to match color
>of paper and I don't fold or cut, however if you want a 4 page manual (one
>sheet of paper folded in half) that would be fine with me.  I do not
>photocopy, again I would prefer the manual to be in Word for windows format.
>I usually print them in simple black ink on some colored paper, SoundX is
>light blue and Edtris is pink (becuause I had a lot of it!) but Ed let me
>choose that myself.  I again prefer some credit for building the cartridge
>somewhere in the docs.
>
>	You can price the cart anywhere you want, but I charge $11 for every
>cart I make.  This covers my labor, parts, paper, etc. used to build it.  I
>have been having trouble lately aquiring large numbers of suitable carts (such
>as Asteroids, Pac-Man, Berzerk, Missile Command, Space Invaders, etc) but that
>is because my local supplier stopped taking these in for trades against newer
>systems.  Ed gets $5 royalty for every cart made (which is why they are
> [...]
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Here you go gang. I thought I forward this for all of you to read. It should
pretty much answer any questions you have on making an Atari Cart.

Incidently, just a few hours after my inquirey as to who would be interested
in a "Rescue Bira Bira" cart, my E-mail box was quite swamped with interested
inquiries.

I'll be taking the plunge and making the carts...

Actually there's not much of a plunge for me to take. I'll just design a
label and a manual and then I'll send them off to Randy. Hopefully we'll
be ready to pump out the Rescue Bira Bira carts by the end of the week!

                                   CRACKERS
                            (Woohoo from hell!!!!!!!!)

--

Accordionist - Wethifl Musician - Atari 2600 Collector | /\/\
http://www.freenet.hamilton.on.ca/~ad329/Profile.html  | \^^/