[stella] Supercharger Bankswitches and RAM access!

Subject: [stella] Supercharger Bankswitches and RAM access!
From: Chrissalo@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 00:20:44 -0500 (EST)
Hi!

I posted a message a few days ago.
I'll try to be more specific.

I think the only thing I'm doing not right yet are the RAM access routines.

Poking is a two step process, something like (write enable assumed):

         <0xf100
            -----
           /      \
1.lda    $f000,x     (x=0xf0 for example)
2.cmp  $f72b

This will poke 0xf0 to to location $f72b.
I need to know what kind of instructions will be used for value
specification,
so far I take absolut, absolut-x, absolut-y, indirect-x and indirect-y.

What kind of instructions will be used for poking?
(absolut, absolut-x, absolut-y, indirect-x and indirect-y)
I know for sure CMP,AND,BIT,LDA, are there any others?

How is the value determined using indirect-x and indirect-y?
How is the address determined using indirect-x and indirect-y?

Which instruction preserve the value, which instructions don't?
(All implied instruction?) (for sure I know: NOP,TAX,TAY)

Since address fields below 0xf000 initiate a poke, what about addresses in
that
region that are poked to, is it possible, if so can a poke follow directly?

Bye Chris

PS. My stella now runs Frogger, Dragonstomper, Rabbit and a few others
       It doesn't run (well) Suicide Mission, Phasor Patrol, Communists...

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/