[stella] 2600 rpg

Subject: [stella] 2600 rpg
From: Chris Wilkson - MCD <cwilkson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 16:49:39 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

I heard a rumor that there was a group of people working on a rpg
for the 2600, but they stopped/gave up/whatever.  Anyone know anything
about this?

I'm still amazed by Raiders of the Lost Ark, and would love to see someone
do a full blown rpg.  I might even help (yeah...like that's worth anything...)

I think one problem might be storage.  I've just started dabbling in
programming, so I don't know any tricks to fit all that info into a cart.
I've seen it done, but haven't a clue.  But if more space is needed, I
finally completed the design for my super cart.  128K ROM and 32K RAM. Woohoo!
The entire address space is accessable by software.  No kludgy dip switches.
This cart was designed with use by a single program in mind.  Just waiting
for parts!  Yeah, it's only a paper design, but you have to start somewhere!

:)

-Chris

PS.  Anyone know where I can lay hands on some 74LS133's (13 input NAND)?
Jameco quit carrying them.  Grrr...

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/