RE: [stella] 2600 rpg

Subject: RE: [stella] 2600 rpg
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 13:13:57 -0800
At 03:07 PM 3/24/97 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm curious if anyone here does any 7800 programming also?  We've got a

More to the point, has anyone EVER done 7800-exclusive programming?  I
don't even think there is any good reference material on the Maria chip.

>workaround for the encryption, and a 7800 cart can hold up to 144K of
>ROM and 32K of RAM -- Enough to make something comparable to 8-bit games
>of the era anyway.  would it be ok to include 7800 programming topics on
>this newslist?

I was assuming that 7800 programming was only useful insofar as using the
monitor cartridge in 2600 mode.  Why don't you let us know what this
encryption workaround is?  It's unfortunate that the encryption key seems
to be lost to the ages, gone even from the vaults of Atari itself it seems.

I see no reason why we shouldn't discuss 7800 programming as well, if it's
possible to write for it.

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/