Re: [stella] Re: Need programmer: Atari 2600 RPG Project

Subject: Re: [stella] Re: Need programmer: Atari 2600 RPG Project
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 15:54:54 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 5 Apr 1997, Erik Mooney wrote:
> Doesn't even need to have a soundblaster if someone gets the joystick-port
> that case, and it could load from any PC with a serial port.  I wouldn't
> know enough about any other hardware to do it, but it would be cool to do
> the loading from a C-64 or TI-99 or something =)

I don't like the extra homebrew cart idea, at least not one as tiny as
this.  I mean, Jeez, it's 1997.  I only like the Supercharger idea because
no hacking is required.  There are still plenty of them around.

And as for 8-bit machines serving the Supercharger, it's definitely
possible.  The Apple II was used to encode Starpath audio originally.  You
just have to learn how to drive the regular audio hardware of 8-bit
machines instead of forcing them to play .WAVs (which they normally can't
do very well, 8-bit Atari would only be 4-bit 5khz or something).

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/