Re: [stella] inv.bin impressions

Subject: Re: [stella] inv.bin impressions
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 15:55:13 -0700 (PDT)
I think this is a wonderful proof of concept for how much you can do with
playfield graphics, but does anyone feel like I do that blocks just don't
cut it for invaders?  I mean, if this were the Oddyssey^2 or the
Fairchild, it would be expected, but not the 2600.  Some form of
compromise had to be made when converting Space Invaders to the 2600 and
there really is no way to do a 1:1 port and maintain the exact number of
invaders as the arcade.  Well, maybe if you use crude bitmaps and use the
narrow screen width that Bob used in Stellasketch or the fullscreen
stipple mode of Suicide Mission.

This alpha sure screams out to me to be a hybrid betwen SI and Super
Breakout.

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/