Re: [stella] invaders idea

Subject: Re: [stella] invaders idea
From: Nick S Bensema <nickb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 17:11:08 -0700 (MST)

>Hmm..  I may have an idea!
>
>The big problem with these invaders isn't so much the lack of definition,
>it's that they don't "march" at all.  If you can at least get the shapes
>to animate, even if they are blocky, it will work a lot better.
>
>Would it be possible to manipulate the playfield graphics so that the
>blocks alterate like so:

Yeah... we could make it Tetris Invaders!

   X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X
   XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
   X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X

   XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
   X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X
   X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X

   X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X
   XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
    X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X

heh... this would be a marked improvement.  I hope there's a way to
program it, though.  I suspect it would at least be difficult to fit in
two scanlines, but it might be worth a slight sacrifice in resolution.

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/