Re: [stella] My game - Alpha 2 - inv.bin

Subject: Re: [stella] My game - Alpha 2 - inv.bin
From: Lee Seitz <lkseitz@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 21:07:57 -0500 (CDT)
Erik Mooney boldly stated:

>I also reworked the size of the invaders.. Try it as is, or if you're

>The invader-landing formula has also been improved.. it should always
>trigger a game-over when the invaders descend so that there is a =
>2-scanline
>gap between the player and the invaders, but never on a larger gap.

Well, this time I got down to the point where the invaders land (at
the beginning of the round(!)).  Don't forget to fix this in the final
version.  I might also suggest some sort of pause between rounds.  I
realize it's only an early version and you haven't had time to do
everything yet, but I wanted to mention it.

>Comments welcome.. thanks!

I found two bugs.  I'm surprised no one else commented on the first
one.  As the invaders move, sometimes a gap between two columns will
be have every other line in the color of the invader.  This occurs at
the very beginning of each round, and also when they're about
two-thirds to three-fourths gone.

The second one only happened once and I don't know how I did it.  I
got down to one invader and it froze!  It was a green one.  It just
stopped moving when I shot the second-to-last one, but kept dropping
bombs.  I shot it and things resumed as normal.

Oh, and the auto-fire is good, but I think it may make things too
easy.   (I might change my mind once the player can actually be
killed.)  Maybe the difficulty switches should control this?

--
   Lee K. Seitz * lkseitz@xxxxxxxxxx * http://fly.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/
Classic Video Games Nexus Maintainer (fly.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/cvg/nexus/)

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/