Re: [stella] Invaders Alpha 2

Subject: Re: [stella] Invaders Alpha 2
From: Lee Seitz <lkseitz@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 08:32:43 -0500 (CDT)
Erik Mooney boldly stated:

>You sure its 24 or 25?  I'd think it would only happen in 25, because

I meant to add a note saying I wasn't sure which column it was because
I couldn't count fast enough.  (The invaders kept moving. 8)  It only
happens in one or the other, so it's probably 25.

>Try some other games that rewrite the playfield (nonrepeating,
>nonreflected) - Circus Atari, Super/Breakout, Centipede/Millipede, Pac-man
>("dots") and see if the weird one acts as such for any of those.
>If those mess up, you can assume your console is bad; if
>they work, it's probably a quirk of your particular model.

I'll try that!  I haven't had any problem with these game in the past.

>>1.  Can anyone tell me what might be wrong with my 2600 Jr.?
>
>Was it made in Taiwan or Korea?  The only thing I can think of is a
>lower-quality (slower) part used for the RAM inside the TIA that holds the
>register contents.   (Still, anyone wanna try the game on a Supercharger
>plugged into a 7800 or Coleco-with-2600-adapter and see what happens then?)

I'll check.  Since the one with the lower serial number draws the
lines, that's probably not the problem.  We now have a report of the
Coleco drawing them.  As I told Erik, my Supercharger won't work with
my 7800.

>>[cannon shape]
>
>I'd rather go for as much authenticity as possible within the 2600's
>confines, but I'll leave this up to majority vote =)

It's your game, so you decide.  I was just tossing in my $0.02.

--
   Lee K. Seitz * lkseitz@xxxxxxxxxx * http://fly.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/
Classic Video Games Nexus Maintainer (fly.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/cvg/nexus/)

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/