Re: [stella] MultiSprite... game update (playable!)

Subject: Re: [stella] MultiSprite... game update (playable!)
From: Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Eckhard Stolberg)
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 16:16:15 +0200
>Here is the first playable release of my ex-"Multi Sprite demo", now "Multi
>Sprite game" until I've found a name I like :)
>This is definitely not a demo, rather an early alpha release.

>Comments are welcome as always.

It is much too fast even in the first level. There is no way avoiding collisions
with the enemies. You should slow it down dramatically.

Maybe you could also use a smaller number of enemy lines in the early levels.

Also i think the player should not be able to go through the enemies. Instead
he should bounce off. Maybe being pushed into the wall should kill him
directly. But you might have to turn off the accelerating controls for that to
make it more fair.

And if your screen routine would allow more graphics on the screen, you could
add an enemy that drops down from the top randomly and removes all set dots
in it't way again.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/