Re: [stella] MultiSprite... game update (playable!)

Subject: Re: [stella] MultiSprite... game update (playable!)
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 11:35:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 19 Apr 1997, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:
> It is much too fast even in the first level. There is no way avoiding collisions
> with the enemies. You should slow it down dramatically.

Avoiding them is the goal?

Without any scoring yet, I don't know exactly what the objective is.  I do
think the game needs some work to make it more, erm, exciting.

It's all so abstract right now.

I think some more thought should go into the game elements.  Perhaps it
could evolve into something a little more concrete the way similar games
like Freeway or Turmoil did.  I do think that he should decide on some
specific sprite shapes beyond the basic balls.

As for game control, the only controller that I think could work to get
you to avoid all of the balls is a trackball (in TB mode).

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/