Re: [stella] Is Dark Mage solvable?

Subject: Re: [stella] Is Dark Mage solvable?
From: Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Eckhard Stolberg)
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 23:47:20 +0200
>Yes.  Here's the big hint from forthcoming user manual:  Some items must
>be used in one location before they are given away in another...
>Otherwise you will not be able to complete the game.

Thanks, that helped me finishing the game.

>> every location, but nothing happens.
>
>That really sucks, doesn't it?

Yes, especially when you don't know about it.

>Here's a design question:  Should I put a timer in the game ("Bummer.
>You have taken too long and died of starvation!" or something like
>that)  to prevent too much of this aimless wandering/trying?  Also I'm
>thinking of maybe a hint mode which would DING when you did something
>right, and BZZZT when you make a mistake... That way you could play that
>mode only when you are frustrated, and get a little boost, but still not
>know exactly how to solve the game...

No timer! I allways hate it when I think about a puzzle and then have to
restart from the beginning over and over again, just because I was too slow.

Can't you put in some text like 'This might become usefull sometime, so you
decide to keep it for now.' whenever someone tries to give something away,
that hestill needs? That way you could try out everything and doesn't have
to restart when he makes a mistake. I allways liked that in Lucal Arts
adventures.

>> BTW what are jackelopes? I couldn't find that in the dictionary.
>
>A jack rabbit with a big rack of antlers.  Don't they have those in
>Germany?

Oh a Wolpertinger. We don't have those in the civilized parts of Germany,
but I heard they are stealing children in Bavaria or something.

Any plans on international verions? :-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/