Re: [stella] MultiSprite... game update (playable!)

Subject: Re: [stella] MultiSprite... game update (playable!)
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 18:11:27 +0200 (METDST)
At 11.35 19/04/97 -0700, Glenn Saunders wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Apr 1997, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:
>> It is much too fast even in the first level. There is no way avoiding
collisions
>> with the enemies. You should slow it down dramatically.
>
>Avoiding them is the goal?

Not exactly...

>Without any scoring yet, I don't know exactly what the objective is.I do
>think the game needs some work to make it more, erm, exciting.

The goal is to color all the tiles/dots in order to go to the next level.

>It's all so abstract right now.
>
>I think some more thought should go into the game elements.  Perhaps it
>could evolve into something a little more concrete the way similar games
>like Freeway or Turmoil did.  I do think that he should decide on some
>specific sprite shapes beyond the basic balls.

Hmmm, thought it would not be difficult to add shapes or even animation, I'm
working on colors instead. I've just got a very nice, 2600-style, color
animation effect on the balls.

>As for game control, the only controller that I think could work to get
>you to avoid all of the balls is a trackball (in TB mode).

Trackball control could be great but would limit the game to a small number
of users (and I haven't a 2600 trackball).

As I've explained in another message, you must not necessarily avoid all of
the balls, just minimize the number of hits.

Ciao,
 P.

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/