Re: [stella] MultiSprite... game update (playable!)

Subject: Re: [stella] MultiSprite... game update (playable!)
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 18:11:20 +0200 (METDST)
At 16.16 19/04/97 +0200, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:

>>Comments are welcome as always.
>
>It is much too fast even in the first level. There is no way avoiding
collisions
>with the enemies. You should slow it down dramatically.

To slow down a game has never been a problem... maybe it doesn't seem so
fast to me because I'm testing it on PC Atari.

About avoiding collisions, I've changed player's shape to a smaller one so
it's definitely easier.

>Maybe you could also use a smaller number of enemy lines in the early levels.

Sure...

>Also i think the player should not be able to go through the enemies. Instead
>he should bounce off. Maybe being pushed into the wall should kill him
>directly.

That might be interesting. There could be both 'no-pass-through' enemies and
'pass-trough' ones.

>And if your screen routine would allow more graphics on the screen, you could
>add an enemy that drops down from the top randomly and removes all set dots
>in it't way again.

Hmmm... :)

Ciao,
 P.