Re: [stella] MultiSprite... game update (playable!)

Subject: Re: [stella] MultiSprite... game update (playable!)
From: Lee Seitz <lkseitz@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 11:58:07 -0500 (CDT)
Piero Cavina boldly stated:

>Please excuse my ignorance, but I don't know anything about the Atari 2600
>trackball. You speak of a joystick mode, does this mean that it can be used
>to emulate the joystick in any joystick game?

Yes.  The 2600 trackball has a small switch on it for selecting either
joystick mode or trackball mode.  In joystick mode, it sends signals
as if it were a joystick.  Roll the ball left, and it sends a joystick
left.  Roll the ball up & right and it sends both up and right
signals.  In trackball mode, (I believe) it's supposed to be more a
matter of sending a vector, where both speed and direction are
important.  As far as I know, there are no 2600 games that can use the
trackball in trackball mode.  Only in joystick mode.

--
   Lee K. Seitz * lkseitz@xxxxxxxxxx * http://fly.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/
Classic Video Games Nexus Maintainer (fly.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/cvg/nexus/)

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/