Re: [stella] 2600 emu for Amiga

Subject: Re: [stella] 2600 emu for Amiga
From: Nick S Bensema <nickb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 13:00:25 -0700 (MST)
>On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Piero Cavina wrote:
>> Don't you have a 2600 emulator for the Amy? I've started programming for the
>
>If he's using an A500 I doubt it would be fast enough to run one.  And
>even if it's got an 040 in it the one 2600 emulator for the Amiga is buggy
>and incomplete and really not well suited for the Amiga chipset.

Perhaps it would be possible to write an Atari 2600 emulator for the Amiga.

Perhaps, even, the creative use of copperlists could make it easier than
on a PC or Mac or such things.  Is it possible to tell the Amiga to display
the same scanline all the way down?  if so, an emulator could be made to run
full-speed on a significantly fast machine.  In fact, it may HAVE to if we
use that approach, unless the changes are kept in some kind of cache or
something.

Unfortunately nobody seems up to the challenge, as I have yet to hear of an
Atari 8-bit emulator for the Amiga that is not a port of the Unix C version.

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/