Re: [stella] Emulating on a C64 or Amiga

Subject: Re: [stella] Emulating on a C64 or Amiga
From: kickass <kickass@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 07:32:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 2 May 1997, Glenn Saunders wrote:

> I really don't think the C=64 has a chance at emulating a 2600.  I think
> the C=128 has better video modes available.  Maybe that's on the cusp of
> possibility.  If the Amiga can't do it, a C=64 better not be able to do it
> ;)

... and with a full speed atari 800 emulator and a full speed apple II
emulator, and even an 'almost' full speed game gear and sega master
system emulator (not to mention the FMSX emulator,) I have to wonder WHY
WHY WHY no one has made a good amiga 64 emulator. I had one called the
'64 emulator II' and it ran faster on my stock 68000 than ANY of the
current 64 emualtors I've seen on the Amiga (using my 25mhz 040 4000,) Of
course, it's all custom stuff, and won't run on my 4000... but really, I
know for a fact that it can be done (a fast amiga 64 emulator,) I would
bet that even a stock 68000 could do it with the right programmer.

(By right programmer, I mean one of those guys who hears 'who said you
can't do that on an Amiga????' and gets very offended and makes it his
mission in life to make the person who said that eat craw for the sake of
the honor of the Amiga and his honor as a 'anything is possible' hacker.

Zilla
KDK

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/