[stella] Re: Thanks for Tetris comments,

Subject: [stella] Re: Thanks for Tetris comments,
From: Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Eckhard Stolberg)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 21:32:45 +0200
>I'm glad someone could check it on a real VCS. Thanks for the comments.
>
>I noticed that the original didn't display correctly on Stella, I think
>the extra spaceing for the 13th char is too near the limit. I tightened
>the display loop up by 1 cycle and that fixed the problem. Hopefully
>this version will fix it ( It was just changing a STA GRP0+$100 back to
>a STA GRP0 )

That fixed the jumping screen, but the text in the top is still not displayed
on my PAL 2600. Just a blue line with nothing on it. (The blue is, because
it's PAL.)

>About the control stuff, I'll redo that this week, as I'd only used an
>emulater on a slow 486, which is nowhere near full speed, and I guess I
>just tweaked the controls to make it play reasonably during development.

I'm looking forward to see it. But you should also change the random
generator. Currently it looks as if it is going throug a list, that repeats
pretty fast. Having a counter run from 0 to 6, that increments in every
frame, gave enough ramdomness for my Tetris version.

>If you could try this version on the VCS and tell me if the display is
>OK I'd appreciate it. ( I may have to change to Stella if it emulates
>more accurately than PC-Atari )

BTW you should post stuff like this to the list by changing to TO: line
to stella@xxxxxxxxxxx . You might get more responses. :-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg