[stella] Tetris clones

Subject: [stella] Tetris clones
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 13:20:36 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 19 Jun 1997 Scott39697@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm creating a game called Scottris. It is a Tetris clone. I do not know the
> 2600's programming laungage, and I thought this mailing list might help. I
> also will look at the Stella Programming Manual (or whatever) and that might
> help me. I have a web page that will be coming soon. Also an Atari 2600
> Programming page, of course! These will be the URLs:

Writing a Tetris clone for the 2600 is fine for a programming exercise but
you must also realize that at this point the Atari 2600 has no need for
Tetris clones.

It seems like everyone and his brother is writing a Tetris clone for the
2600.

Another good game to use as a first effort would be an Arkanoid clone.
There are a few breakout games for the 2600, but no Arkanoid games.