Re: [stella] Game update: PCMSG 2.1 (binary)

Subject: Re: [stella] Game update: PCMSG 2.1 (binary)
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 22:05:14 +0100
At 10:52 -0700 18-07-1997, Greg Troutman wrote:

>> Speaking of the old idea, do you mean that you liked the dots playfield or
>> there were other things in particular?

>Yeah.  A shooting and collecting type hybrid could be great.  Maybe the
>enemy ships draw or build something unless killed, and if they succeed
>you lose.  You can unbuild their work by flying over the objects they
>leave on-screen in addition to killing them beforehand???

This is exactly what I've in mind, thought I fear that the thing to defend
or to unbuild will be limited to one half only of the playfield. That
because I'm running out of RAM and the playfield map as is now takes 18
bytes. Moreover, simplifying the playfield would allow me to add some
things in the kernel (more colors...). BTW, I've just added multiple-copies
of enemies (thought that's still a little buggy)... now there can be a
formation of up to 27 of them! :-)

Ciao,
 P.