[stella] Would it be possible...

Subject: [stella] Would it be possible...
From: emooney1@xxxxxxxx (Erik K Mooney)
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 20:07:39 -0400
for 2600 games to use closed-captioning to display stuff?  The
captioning is just data sent during vertical blanking, and we've got
pretty much full control over the TIA's output during vertical
blanking...
if the specifics are on the internet somewhere, it could be possible...
I don't mean to display stuff like large text messages, or to substitute
for sound effects (heh - picture Pac-man displaying [WAKA WAKA WAKA]
or Missile Command displaying [PBXSCHISHHCHHXTR] ), and
not all TVs support it, but it would make for a neat Easter egg,
definitely
not available on emulators... whaddya think?