Re: [stella] New project - RPG engine

Subject: Re: [stella] New project - RPG engine
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 20:53:18 +0100
At 20:26 -0400 2-08-1997, Erik K Mooney wrote:

>>It would be the perfect type of game for the Supercharger... isn't it
>>strange that Glenn didn't say anything about this? :-)
>
>Actually, the Supercharger doesn't seem all that necessary... 16k looks
>like it'll fit pretty much the whole thing, and I really don't see
>needing
>more than the 128 bytes of RAM, or the 256 available with a Superchip
>at the most.  Possibly I'll do a sequel with the Supercharger, using much
>of the same kernel.

Supercharger vs. banked carts has already been discussed a lot... here's
another possibility: a multi-4k-cart game, the various parts being linked
by an access code in the same way as Survival Island.
BTW... it would be interesting to understend how that code works... they
must have packed all the relevant information in a small number of bits.

>>>A text-display routine would be helpful...
>>
>>Isn't there such a routine in the Stella CD?!
>
>I don't have the Stella CD :)  I'm thinking along the lines of the
>12-column
>routine used in "Dark Mage"

I don't have the CD here, if I remember correctly it was very close to that
used in Dragonstomper (which I like a lot).

P.