Re: [stella] Would it be possible...

Subject: Re: [stella] Would it be possible...
From: Lee Seitz <lkseitz@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 10:33:26 -0500 (CDT)
Erik K Mooney boldly stated:

>Possibly the VCR-Plus (whatever it's called) numbers that are
>supposed to let your VCR find and tape any progam using just that
>number... the numbers are supposed to work across different cable
>companies where different stations are on different channels, so it
>can't be a simple formula indicating time and channel - there's gotta
>be something broadcast.

I believe someone on the 'net *has* reverse engineered the VCR+ code
and even written a program to generate them for you (if you know the
program channel, time, and length).  IIRC, it is just an encrypted
code.  It works across cable companies because you have to program
your VCR with the different channels when you get it.

Disclaimer:  At least I think you do.  I've never used VCR+ because
real men know how to program their VCR. 8)

--
   Lee K. Seitz * lkseitz@xxxxxxxxxx * http://fly.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/
Classic Video Games Nexus Maintainer (fly.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/cvg/nexus/)