Re: [stella] Cubis beta 2

Subject: Re: [stella] Cubis beta 2
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 20:39:46 +0100
At 14:10 +0200 5-08-1997, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:

>Eight month after the first version of Cubis I have now managed to put
>together another releasable one. It still needs a little bit of finetuning
>to feel really finished to me, but I'll let you try it out anyway.

(...)

>So, what do you think?

It's a good work. The biggest criticism I can make is that there are
already some Tetris clones for the 2600. Couldn't you include some variant
in gameplay to make it a bit more original?
Moreover... I assume that the melody that is playing will be changed  for
the final version, ok? ;-)
Speaking of music, I think that it would be much better if the notes had a
decay in volume (like a piano sound), instead of being cut off abruptly.

BTW... I'm working hard on my game, now the gameplay is almost defined:
- there are asteroids and enemies floating around
- shooting an asteroid many times turns it into a... crystal (?)
- collect the crystals and drop them to make horizontal rows
- enemies that reach the left of the screen will steal your crystals
- shoot the enemies to defend yourself and the crystals
- when a row of 8 crystals is completed you get a "bomb"
- when the last wave of enemies is finished, the "boss" will appear
- kill the boss with the bombs!

The game is 80% ready, thought there's still a lot of fine-tuning to do.

Ciao,
 P.

P.S. did you say "Sinistar"? ;-)