Re: [stella] It flies

Subject: Re: [stella] It flies
From: Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Eckhard Stolberg)
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 13:48:26 +0200
>Here's another update.  This one is interactive.  Complete with turbo
>rocks to give your brain something to worry about.  Plenty glitchy, just
>a sketch really, but if you want to use pad and paper to keep score,
>it's kinda like a game ;)  Don't bother trying to land on the medium and
>small platforms, it only likes the big center one and the two side
>strips.  Check out the way the lander sorta bounces when it hits the
>platform.  I planned it that way <wink>.
>
>Enjoy.

It plays good on the emulators, but it looks completely bad on my PAL
system.

The new Vsync routine can't sync with my old TV, that I use for my VCS.
It works on a newer TV though, so I it's more a problem with my TV than
with your game.

It has no colour at all, because you are doing one line too little or too much.
This might happen, if you don't do a Wsync after the last onscreen line.
Then this line might add up with the following Tim64T routine and you are
actually doing one line less, than you thought.

Also the sprite positioning seems to be off a bit, so that the writes to
GRP0 and GRP1 are not on time for the timed output routines.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg