[stella] Re: Atari Patents

Subject: [stella] Re: Atari Patents
From: "Dave Farquhar"<Dave_Farquhar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 09:28:39 -0500
Here's a copy of the message I received from IEEE. It appears that anyone,
inside or outside the United States, can obtain copies of this or any other
IEEE Spectrum article, but at a price.

---------------------- Forwarded by Dave Farquhar/MUJournalism on 08/15/97
09:29 AM ---------------------------

To:   Dave Farquhar/MUJournalism
cc:
Subject:  Re: Perry and Wallich, Design Case History: The Atari Video
      Computer System, March 1983.

Thank you for your interest in ASK*IEEE.  In order to process can you
please send back the information below. I have also included our prices. If
have any questions please contact us.

1) Complete shipping/billing address.

2) Citation information. (journal tilte, article title, year, author,
volume, pages...)

3) Information for receipt acknowledgments and status updates.
     - Phone number.
     - Fax number.
     -Email address.

4) Time limitation ( max. # of days before document is needed, if any).

5) Max. Cost (Document charge not to exceed X amount of dollars).

6) IEEE membership or account number.

7) Billing preference. ( Credit card, invoice, set up a deposit account)
     * Invoice billing is only for organizations. If you choose credit card
please send the number, expiration date, and name that appears on card.

The prices below are effective as of April 1, 1997

                                                         PRICES PER
DOCUMENT
HANDLING
Member :            Standard delivery ( 3-5 business days )  $10.95
(copyright additional non-ieee publications)
                               Rush  delivery        (1-2 business days )
$23.95    (copyright additional non-ieee publications; only in-house
documents)

Non-member:   Standard delivery ( 3-5 business days )   $12.95 + copyright*
                              Rush delivery         ( 1-2 business days;
only in-house documents )   $23.95  + copyright*

* Copyright costs are $ 10.00.
** Additional fees may be charged for publications not held in our in-house
library.
METHODS OF DELIVERY:

Regular US Mail : No additional charge is mail in the US or Canada. Mailed
outside the US or Canada we do charge additional for airmail.

Fax:                           There is additional $6.00 charge for faxing,
up to 30 pages $0.10 each additional page. We also send a hardcopy backup
by mail. If faxed outside the U.S. the price is $11.00. The price is per
article upto 30 pages $0.15 each additional page.

Overnight:                There is an additional $11.50 for overnight
delivery.  The fee is more if shipped outside the US.

E-mail:                      We can e-mail documents to you at no
additional charge in adobe acrobat or lindi format. A hardcopy can also be
sent for an additional charge.

Don't forget: Please include your telephone and/or fax numbers. IEEE
members must include their member number in order to receive special member
prices on photocopied articles. Discounts do not apply to standards and
books.

Thank you for your time and patience.
Sandra Leon
Customer Service