Re: [stella] 2600 development with Linux

Subject: Re: [stella] 2600 development with Linux
From: Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Eckhard Stolberg)
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 16:50:59 +0200
>To do this I'd like to find some 2600 routines for displaying 8-bit
>values on the screen.  Does anyone have some code I can use?

Hello Bradford,

I have included a small test program, that I wrote to check timing on PAL.
It just displays minutes and seconds. Pressing the joystick button resets
both values to zero.

It will work on NTSC as well, since I only used NTSC resolution. You can
make it display any byte value by storing it in the min or sec variable
and disabling the counter routine.

The source code is in A65 format. To use it with DASM you need to replace
all 'DB' with '.byte' and all 'EQU' with '='.

I hope this is usefull to you. If there is anything unclear in the source
code, please ask.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg