[stella] playing multiloads on PCAE 2.0

Subject: [stella] playing multiloads on PCAE 2.0
From: "Piero Cavina" <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 00:49:48 +0200
I've found how to play the multiload games on PCAE...

first, have the .BIN files from the Stella CD cut to 8448 bytes.
Then, chain them together to make a single binary file; under DOS that can
be done with a:

COPY /B SURVIVL1.BIN+SURVIVL2.BIN+SURVIVL3+BIN SURVIVL.BIN

If you want to start the game from the PCAE shell, then remember to rebuild
the game profile from the F10 menu.

You can run the game from the command prompt with PCAE SURVIVL.BIN BANKSP.

So far I've tried Escape from the Mindmaster and Survival Island; however,
there are some problems.

In Survival Island I've seen that PCAE starts the second load at the end of
the first part, but with some rubbish in the display.
Likewise, I've let the player die repeadetly in Mindmaster to make PCAE
start the "evaluetion" load - the fourth; it starts, but the graphics are
scrambled again.

Looks like something isn't cleared after each load...

I'll report this to John if you haven't already done that.

BTW... try to start the fourth load of Mindmaster, MINDMAS4.BIN... it's
easy being a winner, isn't it? :)

BTW2... the 1st part of Survival Island is GREAT. I've reached the island
with 1 energy point left, I was screaming! :)

P.