Re: [stella] lots of things added to rescue.bin

Subject: Re: [stella] lots of things added to rescue.bin
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 21:26:52 +0100
At 16:32 -0400 26-08-1997, Robin Harbron wrote:

>What do you folks think about these issues?  Now, I'm starting to
>port a C64 game of mine to the 2600

Which kind of game is it? It's good news that you will work for the 2600:
the more new games we have, the better (even if this means fewer chances
for me to win the contest ;-)

>and I'm interested in people's
>design philosophies - what's the most important part of a game?

If we're talking about action games, I think player's control. It must be
smooth and immediate to understand (thought not necessarily easy to master).

If there's a thing that I really hate, it's that kind of platform games
where you control a man, and when he jumps he does not follow the physics
laws (i.e. gravity acceleration). Sadly, there are many games of this kind
for the 2600.

P.