Re: [stella] Duel Arena

Subject: Re: [stella] Duel Arena
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 19:58:36 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Robin Harbron wrote:
> assembler, Turbo Macro Pro/Style.  I'll have to do a port of
> makewav... but that looks pretty simple.  .wav players are no
> problem.  But more ideal would be a fully integrated package...

The SID chips can do reasonable digital audio?  The WAV files alone would
be hundreds more K than a C64 has for memory.  It's got to play at at
least 8-bit 22khz for the Supercharger to read it.

> I'd like to skip the .wav part all together, just assemble,
> and then have a routine that "plays" the object code out into
> the Supercharger, without the big .wav file inbetween... we'll
> have to see, but apparently an old Apple II system did it this way.

That's right.  I suppose if you generate the waveform on the fly that even
simple sound hardware like the Apple II will suffice.